We understand that the breakdown of a relationship can be one of the most traumatic experiences you can go through. At Grainger Appleyard we are committed to working with you to provide the best possible advice at this difficult time.
Grainger Appleyard Solicitors are pleased to offer a range of Family Law services, many of which are now available on a fixed fee basis to give you complete certainty and control over your costs.
Whatever your family law issue or your financial circumstances, we offer a free initial 30 minute consultation. If you are unsure about any aspect of family law then you will benefit from our free initial meeting.
At this meeting we will explain to you your options in respect of your family law case. We will also assess your eligibility for legal aid, provide you with a clear estimate of future costs, including whether a fixed fee package (see below) is appropriate for your case.
In most cases we are able to offer the following fixed fees for Family Law legal services:
If you are the person applying for the Divorce (known as the Petitioner):
- £475 plus VAT and Disbursements (e.g. Court fees)
If you are the person who is being Divorced (known as the Respondent):
- £275 plus VAT and Disbursements (e.g. Court fees)
For preparing a basic Consent Order (i.e. a clean break agreement):
- with defined and agreed assets: £450 plus VAT and disbursements (e.g. Court fees)
- With no assets: £250 plus VAT and disbursements (e.g. Court fees)
Children Law proceedings: -
- For preparing a Court application in relation to children matters (you are responsible for submitting the application to the Court with the appropriate Court fee and subsequently serving the application upon the other party) - £375 plus VAT and disbursements.
- Representing you at the first Court hearing of any Children Law application, but excluding any other work (known as a First Hearing Dispute Resolution Appointment - FHDRA) - £450 plus VAT and disbursements.
- If you require our assistance in both preparing the Court application, serving it on the other party and representing you (the Applicant) upto and including the first Court hearing, we are pleased to offer a £50 discount from the above two packages with a fixed fee of £775 plus VAT and disbursements (e.g. Court fees)
- For representation at each subsequent Court directions hearing in children cases (whether you are the Applicant or Respondent) - £295 plus VAT and disbursements per hearing.
Any contested hearings on children cases are charged at an hourly rate plus unit charges for letters and telephone calls.
Change of Name Deed (adult) - £75 plus VAT
ALL OTHER WORK IS CHARGED AT OUR HOURLY RATE AND UNIT CHARGES FOR LETTERS AND TELEPHONE CALLS.
*Please note that the above fees are a guide only and they will only apply to your case once confirmed in writing to you following a full assessment of the individual circumstances of your case.
For further information about our fixed Family Law fees or to obtain a quote in relation to any of the other Family Law services we offer, please contact us on 01302 327257.
The best way to find out how we can help you is to talk to one of our team.
Call us today on 01302 327257 or use our enquiry form and we’ll get back to you.
Criminal Law 24 hour emergency number 07927 338920.