A long established firm of Doncaster solicitors, we pride ourselves on offering a wide range of professional legal services to individuals, families and businesses.
Complaints Handling Procedure
We aim to provide the highest level of service to all our clients and are pleased to say that our record suggests that we are successful with this aim.
If you do, however, have cause to complain, the firm recognises the need for careful handling of your complaint and adheres to the following procedure –
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within seven days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- Our Client Care Manager, Mr David Lockhart, will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve reviewing your matter file with the member of staff who acted for you.
- We will then send you a letter confirming our understanding of your complaint and our response. This will be done within 21 days of receipt.
- We will then await 14 days for any response you may wish to make and take the following action –
- If no response received, we will consider the matter closed and file papers
- If response received, David Lockhart will review the situation and determine any further action. This could be a phone call/face to face meeting, and this will be arranged within 7 days of receipt of your response.
- If the matter remains unresolved David Lockhart will review with a Senior Director and issue a final response within 7 days of last contact.
- If you still consider your complaint to be unresolved, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman, the independent complaints body for complaints about lawyers.
You can write to them at:
PO Box 6806
Telephone 0300 555 0333
Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within six years of the act of omission about which you are complaining occurring or within three years of when you should reasonably have been aware of it. For further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman or consult their website www.legalombudsman.org.uk.
The best way to find out how we can help you is to talk to one of our team.
Call us today on 01302 327257 or use our enquiry form and we’ll get back to you.
Criminal Law 24 hour emergency number 07927 338920.